Stop Press - GCSE & A Level Results!
Year 11 students have received their GCSE results. There were many happy faces around as the students opened their envelopes and scanned their results.
There were, as usual, plenty of individual successes with a number of students achieving As and A*s across the board. As with our A level results – the overall school results showed a marked improvement upon last year’s. Headline figures were as follows:
- 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C = 82% - our best ever and a huge 15% more than last year
- 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C (inc English & Maths)= 47% - a 8% increase on last year, and 18% up over the last two years.
The students and staff put in a great deal of hard work to achieve these results and we congratulate everyone on their efforts. Well done!
A Level Results
We are very pleased with the excellent A2 results our students have achieved.
Headline figures show the following impressive scores for our students:
- 97% pass rate – 1% up on last year;
- Average points score of 231 pts – almost our highest ever;
- 22% of students achieved A*- B grades
- 56% of the results at A*-C
- 15 subjects achieved 100% pass rate.
There were lots of smiles as the students opened their envelopes with trembling hands. Many of them will now be going on to university and we wish them all the very best of luck.
All in all a splendid set of results and our congratulations go to the students and staff for their excellent achievements.
No comments have been left yet.