Year 11 - Key Dates
As you may be aware from the Year 11 Parents’ Evening and other Parents’ Information Evenings we have run this year, we are keen to keep you informed of current and forthcoming Year 11 events.
With this in mind please note the following:
- Our self-supported study sessions, Monday – Thursday until 5.00pm have got off to an excellent start, with a very high attendance and students working well. It is essential, if requested that students attend these sessions.
- Thursday 6th March students off timetable most of the day to focus on controlled assessments and re-drafting coursework. With these worth 40% of the final mark it will be a very valuable opportunity for students to improve their current position.
- Monday 10th March – Maths Mock examination (non calculator paper).
- Tuesday 11th March – English Mock examination.
- Wednesday 12th March – Maths mock examination (calculator paper).
- Monday 17th March – positively MAD Exambusters.
On Monday 17th March, we will be welcoming “Positively MAD” into the Academy to work with all of our Year 11 students. Positively MAD has developed a formidable reputation in education as one of the country's leading providers of student workshops.
Students will take part in a fast-paced, high-energy, highly interactive workshop called “Exambusters”, designed to improve memory skills, increase self-confidence, understand the importance of reflective practices and regular review, and to prepare for exams. It provides a heightened sense of aspiration and self-belief and promotes a positive attitude towards learning. Students should leave the Exambusters workshop feeling energized, enthusiastic and far better prepared for their workload and their exams.
Parents’ Workshop and Information Evening: 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Following the student workshops Positively MAD and the Academy are holding a Parents’ Workshop and Information Evening from 5:00pm - 6:30pm on the same day. The aim of the workshop is for you to know more about the ideas and techniques that might help your child in their preparation for their exams and how you can support them at home.
Please complete and return the reply slip below to confirm your attendance at the workshop.